The Aurora Area is full of Summer Fun for the whole family! Here’s just a few ways to kick it off this weekend!
1. Concert line-up at the RiverEdge Park – Aurora: Smashmouth and Toad and the Wet Sprocket, Downtown Alive! One of These Nights & Cowboy Jukebox, Reo Speedwagon, Rock the Yacht, Puerto Rican Heritage Festival, Hall & Oats, Maggie Speaks & Catfight, Sing-a-long Frozen, Get the LED Out, Earth Wind & Fire, Fox Valley Irish Festival, Fiestas Patrias and Jazz Nations.
2. Professional Rodeo at Kendall County Fairgrounds July 11. Big Hat World Championship Rodeo action with 8 exciting events including Bareback Riding, Cowgirls Barrel Racing, and the rodeos most popular and dangerous event, Bull Riding! Hilarious, family-friendly clowns, kids games, great food and drinks, vendors, music and fun for the whole family. Event admission prices include “Rout 38″ concert immediately following the evening rodeo performance with today’s hottest country music!
3. Batavia Windmill City Festival July 8-12: Windmill City Festival has long been a staple of the community and has become a tradition for many families. Are you ready to create lasting memories and enjoy countless activities over the course of three and a half days? Then come stop by the carnival, compete in a 5K, participate in the pet parade, and dive in to an ice cream eating contest. Every member of the family is sure to find a new favorite activity! Entertainment lineup: Hillbilly Rockstarz, 7th Heaven, Midwest Dueling Pianos, ARRA, Pirates over 40 and Back Country Roads.
4. River Bassin State Fishing Tournament July 11: The River Bassin Trail is quite simply an affordable tournament trail for river bass fishing anglers of all types. Whether you’re a beginner or a hard core tournament angler there is a reason to come have some fun with us at some of the tour stops. It doesn’t matter if you fish out of a kayak, canoe, float tube or other similar man-powered watercraft.
5. Nationally acclaimed “Sunday at Sandwich Antique Market.” We consider Sandwich the antique shopping capital of the Aurora Area. A majority of their nine antique shops are located within one mile of downtown. We listed a few of our favorite antiquing shows below. NEW this year is “Sundays at Sandwich Antiques Show,” held at the Sandwich Fairgrounds, 1401 Suydam Rd., Sandwich IL 60548. This monthly market will be curated by seasoned antiques dealers focusing on quality antiques, collectibles and crafts.
6. The Aurora area brags the State’s largest waterpark, a real sand beach, other indoor and outdoor waterpark options, swimming stones and interactive water fountains. Kid-approved and Aussie-themed Raging Waves is Illinois’ largest outdoor water park. Sitting on more than 40 acres, this family-friendly water park features 19 water slides, a separate kiddie pool area, wave pool, lazy river, 24 private cabanas and more. Open Memorial Day to Labor Day.